Register A Business
To register a business, submit a Certificate of Registration (COR) application to the Development Services office. Development Services is located on the first floor of the City Office Building at 132 North Main Street, Salisbury, NC 28144. Or contact development services directly by calling (704) 638-5208 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you need a permit? By law, permits are required for building/development projects when occurring within the City of Salisbury limits.
Codes and Development
Find requirements for city infrastructure, community plans and municipal codes that pertain to your project, as well as information for your residential or business development.
Taxes and Fees
Learn more about obtaining sales tax permits and paying your sales and use taxes for your business.
Business Link North Carolina BLNC, or “blink,” is a business resource ACCESS point for an extensive network of experts who can help your business succeed. Business Link North Carolina can connect you to services provided by state-supported agencies, many of which are free. Call BLNC toll-free, 1 (800) 228-8443, or local at 919-807-4280 Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time, to talk with one of their business counselors, or visit www.blnc.gov for more information.
U.S. Small Business Administration The U.S. Small Business Administration provides financial, technical and management assistance to help Americans start, run, and grow their business. SBA is the nation’s largest single financial backer of small businesses. Please call 1 (800) 827-5722 or visit www.sba.gov for more information
Banks and Credit Institutions
Many local banks and credit unions offer small business loans and assistance on how to best utilize your personal assets. Many also work directly with the Small Business Administration (SBA). Please contact your local banker for assistance and guidance. DSI works closely with several institutions with business lending capabilities.
Attracting and retaining investment is crucial to the long-term success of Downtown. The City of Salisbury provides several grant programs:
- Downtown Salisbury Supporting Existing Businesses Grant
- Downtown Revitalization Incentive Grant
- Historic Preservation Incentive Grant
- Innes Street Improvement Grant
- Municipal Service District Grant
Historic Tax Credits
- City Business Registry & Development Services “One-Stop Shop”
- Rowan County Inspections Department
- Rowan County Chamber of Commerce
- RCCC Small Business Center
- Self-Help Small Business Loans~New Salisbury location as of April 2020!~
- Rowan County Tourism &Visitors Bureau
- Rowan County Economic Development Commission
- NC Dept. of Commerce: Main Street & Rural Planning Center
- Economic Development Partnership of NC: Business Link NC
- NC SCORE Mentoring Chapters
- U.S. Small Business Administration